Monday, February 11, 2013

Update 8 Weeks Post Op

Hey Everyone!
So I just wanted to update you all with how my foot/ankle has been feeling. I am still in a walking boot 24/7 except when I shower and do my PT exercises. Right now I am doing some simple range of motion exercises and trying to gain more control with my toes. On top of that, my left hip is all messed up from being non weight bearing (this happened with the first surgery too) so I am working with therabands to strengthen that. I still hardly have any feeling in my foot/ankle area, however, the past couple of days I am starting to feel my toes a little bit! :) I go to PT 3x a week and am still not allowed to ride. I go back to my surgeon on the 27th to hopefully get the okay to start walking without my walking boot! (and maybe start riding with the boot again!) Here is a picture of my incision, its a little over 5 inches long to give you some perspective



As you can see, I still have some scabbing, but besides that the incision looks great!

On other news, my friend rode Jagger last week and he was good, I can't wait to get back on him and whip him into shape though! He was pretty stubborn and was wayyy on his forehand and hanging off the draw reins! Miranda was a champ though and by the end of it he seemed to work out of it!








 Now Fern :) He is being good...apparently... I have yet to see Bob ride him, because of our schedules not lining up! BUT he is still super excited and rears and bucks haha but really who can blame him, he is only able to walk and trot and no turn out AND it has been absolutely beautiful out! BUT today at 9am (so less than an hour and a half) he gets his (hopefully) final ultrasound which will (hopefully) give him the okay to start cantering and work up to jumping! That will definitely calm him down, because once fern can move forward he calms down :)


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment