Monday, November 12, 2012

My Broken Family

When I say broken I mean broken!
My mom is currently recovering from surgery, my older sister broke her foot last week, my twin sister needs surgery next month and now I may have torn my peroneal tendons again... How did this happen? Riding of course!

After my surgery in May I started riding in late August, then I found out I had qualified for NCHJA medal finals so pushed myself too fast to get to be able to compete in them November 2-4th. I rode this wonderful horse Teddy (who is for sale by the way) and rode too much and found my foot hurting, but I still decided to compete.


Teddy :)
 
Unfortunately, that was not the smartest decision I have made. I knew I had done something to it but didn't know what... After going to my surgeon a few days after he said I may have torn it again so I am allowed to lightly ride 2x a week and go to pt 2x a week for 6 weeks then come back to see him... Well last weekend I decided to ride, I rode Jagger first and he was fantastic, did all of his lead changes, transitions, etc... Even though it hurt, I decided to ride Fern who is being rehabbed due to a mild high suspensory tear, so it was a 10 min walk, 5 min trot, and 10 min walk all undersaddle... Well it was a beautiful day and he was extremely happy, which in turn brought on a bucking horse! I landed funny in my stirrup and felt this horrific pain in my foot... So I called the surgeon today and am now sentenced to the walking boot again and absolutely no riding :( Wonderful.... I have an appt with him on Wednesday after class for xrays and a consult again, I don't have a great feeling about it... Hopefully it is just a bad sprain! Thank you to my wonderful friend Miranda for rding Jagger while I am out and my amazing dad and boyfriend, Eric for taking me to these appointments! I will update you all on Wednesday with the results, but for now I will be taking it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment