Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Journey of a Crippled

I thought it would be appropriate since I am going to the surgeon's office after school today to show what recovery has been like since my surgery in the beginning of June!

On May 12th 2012 I had a bad dismount tearing two tendons (peroneals) and 3 ligaments


After a long journey of x-rays, mris, walking boots and air casts I finally got a surgery on June 5th!

When I finally awoke this is what I saw:
It was the most horrific pain I have ever been in! I was in this MASSIVE cast for two weeks then got my staples out and put in a cast, here are some pictures from that trip to the doctors:

30 Staples Before
After the 30 staples out (HURT TERRIBLY)
After :) My BRIGHT pink cast!
I was put in this cast for four weeks of the hottest summer ever! It was horrible, but it didn't stop me from going to the pool!
After the four weeks I finally got the okay to go in a walking boot, which meant I decided to ride little fern bare back (me rebelling against my doctor)...

 
I was SO happy, however, 2 weeks later (maybe not even) Fern got hurt... Finally at the end of August I got the okay to start lightly riding and walking without my walking cast

Riding hurt more than I thought I would, but thanks to my amazing trainer, friends and family and all of their encouragement I didn't get too bummed out... I was finally riding until a couple of weeks ago when I reinjured myself...

Like I said I have a doctor's appt today at 11:30am, so I will update you all with my status! Cross your fingers for good news! I need to get back on my horses again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment